Finite Element Analysis
ProForma has an Enterprise ANSYS 17 Mechanical for linear and non-linear FEA analysis and design certification for parts.
Ranging from Heavily Loaded simple parts to complex assemblies.
Using Ansys Mechanical Enterprise 17.0 our capabilities include:
- 1-D, 2-D Planar / Axisymmetric and 3-D Geometries – Models and load cases can be built by ProForma as a service or we can work with client models.
- Linear and Non-linear Material Models- Non-linier models re-calculate stresses after allowing some plastic deformation to occur or heat transfer geometries to adjust. The software can re run the solution until a final equilibrium is reached. These types of analysis can be very powerful in solving complex problems and extremely useful to demonstrate confidence in designs.
- Static, Transient Dynamic, and Explicit Dynamic Analyses
- Sub-modeling with 2-D to 3-D Capability – a complex assembly can be used to determine stresses in a specific model location and that sub model can then be run to very high accuracy. This approach can save weeks of simulation time if the situation warrants.
- Linear and Non-Linear Buckling Analysis
- Steady State and Transient Thermal Analyses with Conduction, Convection, and Radiation.
- Fracture Analysis
- Complete FEA in accordance with ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII, Division 2, Part 5 (Design by Analysis). Limit load elastic plastic.
- Solving done on custom built server with 16 Cores, 256 GB ram, Tesla K20C GPU, and OCZ Z-Drive PCIe SSD. Utilizing Microsoft HPC (High Performance Computing) modules provided by Ansys.